Back To Voting
Career

Take the job or wait for something better?

I'm sure this has been asked before in one way or another but, I'll ask anyway.

I've recently applied to a variety of positions, about half for random jobs that don't interest me but pay decently and, the other half, jobs I would like but (as it usually goes) are harder to attain. Well, I was recently asked to interview for a large company. The position is somewhat of a lackey job but, with any big company, they don't hesitate to throw benefits and good pay at the employee for the work they do. However, I have another open application for a job I would love, and am certainly qualified for but, have not heard back yet (it's been about a week).

The scenario I'm having trouble with here is this; I take the job but the other one gets back to me and I get an offer from them. If I take the job now, in this case, I would only work a brief time before putting in my two-weeks. I'm worried that will look bad on me. So, do I hold off on taking this remedial job and wait for a non-guarantee or take the job now and wait to see what happens?

Bill Ponderosa wants your take on these quandrees too.
Bo Vine Joni | 11w | 0 votes | 0 comments
Da Maniac | 16w | 0 votes | 1 comment