3.3 Release Notes - Commenting on Cards
- Modernize Comments
- NEW: Comment directly from the card you're voting on.
- Story Detail Page
- Update styles to match UI of cards
- Update right sidebar to have relevant links
- NEW: View connected stories
- NEW: View more stories of the same category
- BUG: UX Issue with Add Your Side of the Story
3.1 & 3.2 Release Notes - Revamped Create a Story
- Redesigned the Create a Story experience completely
- NEW: Choose Your Story Type page
- NEW: Create Your Own Story page
- Optimize for mobile view
- NEW: Create You and Someone Else Quandree page
- NEW: Challenge Accepted page
- Add pending challenge stories to posted stories
- BUG: FB sharing on solo voting card was broken
- BUG: Link to quandree was missing from Share via Email email
- BUG: No_Screen_Name issue
- BUG: Follow up questions were broken
- BUG: Data for challenge quandrees did not appear under followed stories.
- SEO: Page title changes
- SEO: Fixed sitemap.xml
- SEO: Added robots.txt to disallow certain pages
- SEO: Friendly URLs for all pages.
- SEO: Remove special characters from URLs
3.0 Release Notes
- Your Own Quandree Voting Card Rework: New style for Title + Story, Reduce bottom padding on quandree description, Change top bar to category instead of title, Add meta data above story and remove from footer
- Voting Card Footer: Replace FB, Twitter and Email Icons with share icon and open share dialog + Add follow feature
- UX ISSUE: Resend Verification email: Should not be required for active users. Old users still sent verification requirement. A script that goes through all old users and remove the mandatory email verification for them.
- Visible Assets Improved: Add a cover image to the embed video, Displaying of an embed article in the card like Facebook does, Embed media has the same placement size
- Add a message field to avoid confusion while creating a story: (Optional)
- Add one related photo/video/article via URL. The following file types are accepted [gif, png, jpg, jpeg]. File size limitation: 2MB.
- SEO + Social Markup: Redirect www. to non-www, All internal URLs on site should be relative (to non-www)
- Add FB Open Graph to Homepage too, When a photo is added to the story, that photo should be the photo that is shared in the Facebook post
- BUG: Followed stories are broken in Settings
- BUG: Sitemap.xml Errors detected when submitted via Google Search Console
- BUG: Duplicate Answers on Follow Up Question again
- BUG: DB issue persists with missing screen name
- Issue: when the new registration was implemented, the method to creation of the array of user's screen names was rewritten. But the logiс to getting the screen name wasn't rewritten and it led to incorrect work in future.
- Add page title to all pages in the footer links
- BUG: Voting data is not showing up on search listing
2.9 Release Notes
- Create Stories
- Add Auto Spell Check
- All Quandree titles auto start with a capital letter no matter what the user puts in
- Upload one asset: page link, video or photo. Video should be any hosted, not just limited to YouTube.
- Remove Own Category feature
- After you share a story you are now given buttons to help direct you to the next place you want to go: voting, view story or create another story.
- On finished dialog changed "Share story . . " to "Invite your friends to vote"
- Vote and Share Stories: It's unclear that there is a YouTube video or photo associated with the story. Should be visible, not behind an icon.
- Sharing: If a photo is added to the story, that photo should be the photo that is shared in the post
- SEO: sitemap.xml
- SEO: Redirect www. to non-www to remove duplicate content
- SEO: All internal URLs on site should be relative (to non-www)
- SEO: All old URLs with number only are now redirected to the new story URL
- BUG: The profile nav bar has dissappeared
- BUG: Follow up question is not popping up
- BUG: Windows doesn't close after sharing a story
- BUG: Dropdown for categories in horizontal mode on mobile
2.8 Release Notes
- Newly styled header with visible categories
- Instead of a visible feature category, list all stories marked as featured in admin first, then chronological
- Top categories listed in gray bar
- Add Most Popular category with top 10 stories
- Remove: All, Top, Featured, and categories filters
- Change body background color
- Modern search bar
- Internal search results includes the number of results
2.7 Release Notes - Let me vote! (continued)
- It is confusing when the warm welcome appears when a new users is trying to vote—too many clicks! Now, when in browsing mode (logged out), visitors will be shown the Join screen when they try to vote.
- The warm welcome will appear to new users upon entry only to quandree.com. If you are logged in, there no need to see the warm welcome.
- Once a user logs in, keep them logged in on whichever device they are logged in for a month.
- Voting data as well as comments should be hidden prior to a vote being submitted.
- Login should happen in overlay mode just like Join.
- BUG: Can't share story via email
- Subcategory should not be required when creating a story
- 404 page should always redirect to the main page
- Any time the user tries to vote the join screen should appear
- The success message for email sign up still says “go to email to active your account”. Please remove this part of message. Add: go ahead and vote!
- BUG: Only one "thanks for voting" success message should appear when a user is done voting on a follow up question.
- HOT FIX: After login, you stay on the page you were.
2.6 Release Notes - Let me vote!
- Join screen is now an overlay to to the current page you are on so that once you join you go right back to where you were—no more getting lost!
- Optimize its appearance on mobile screens
- Move "already have an account" to the top.
- Turn off Profile: Step 2 of sign up. Let people vote after Step 1.
- When someone signs up via email, they will have immediate active status—no need to verify email before voting.
- Turn off detailed reports for those who have not completed profile. Only those who have completed their profile will be counted in—and can see—detailed reporting data: gender, geography, relationship status and age.
- Added a promotional note to users to complete their profile. "To see how people of different age groups, locations and gender voted compared to you, please fill out your profile."
- Optimize for Tablet View
- Loading issue for iFrame to speed up the site
- Voting on mobile too sensitive
- Age brackets (still being defined)
- Global Zip Validation
- Change log
- Add Intercom chat
- Progress Indicator 2.0
- Identify all error messages + update copy